Wednesday, Aug 10, 2022 | Last Update : 04:02 AM IST
Bollywood's most celebrated love story, Hum Aapke Hain Koun...! has completed 24 years of release. The first Bollywood film to collect over 1 billion, Hum Aapke Hain Koun is still remembered as one of the purest and most innocent love stories of all times. The film explored Indian values, traditions, romance and presented it in a grand way on screen. As the film completes 24 years today, let's take a look at some of the lesser known facts of the movie.
This brings back such great memories! Working on #HumAapkeHainKoun was a wonderful experience.ðŸ¤© Don't you guys agree? @BeingSalmanKhan @renukash @aloknath @AnupamPKher
This movie has given me memories to cherish for a lifetime ðŸ˜‡ðŸ’• https://t.co/l2Bwj8QZl3— Madhuri Dixit Nene (@MadhuriDixit) August 5, 2018
1. Hum Aapke Hain Koun...! was a remake of 'Nadiya Ke Paar'. Released in 1982 the film was made under Rajshri Productions. The film starred Sachin, Sadhana Singh, Inder Thakur, Mitali in lead roles. Inder Thakur, who played the role of Sachin's elder brother in the movie Inder Thakur, died in the crash of Air India Flight 182. The film was basically a rural love story.
2. Late and acclaimed painter M.F. Hussain had seen the film 85 times. MF Hussain was so charmed by Madhuri after watching Hum Aapke Hain Koun that he made a film which starred Madhuri in lead role. The film titled 'Gajagamini'. He also made many paintings on Madhuri.
3. Box Office India describes it as "the biggest blockbuster of the modern era." It won a Filmfare Award for the Best Film. Sooraj Barjatya bagged Best Director award that year. Madhuri Dixit won the Filmfare Award for Best Actress in a leading role. The film also won the National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment.
4. 'Didi Tera Devar' emerged as the most popular wedding number of the season. But very few know that the song is inspired by 'Saare Nabian'. The song 'Saare Nabian' was sung by Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. The film in total had 14 songs which was much beyond the average number of songs in any film. Songs like Maye Ni Maye, Joote De Do, Hum Aapke Hain Koun became quite popular with the masses.
5. The movie has a running time of 206 minutes. The film was later dubbed into Telugu and released as Premalayam.