Monday, Dec 04, 2023 | Last Update : 09:29 AM IST
The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), which registered a case related to drugs in connection with the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput, on Wednesday dispelled the rumours that it is filing a charge sheet soon and said that many links are still being probed.
An NCB source related to the probe told IANS, "The reports of NCB filing a charge sheet in the Sushant Singh Rajput case soon is not true."
The source also refuted the claims that the Enforcement Directorate (ED) has shared a closure report in connection with its money laundering probe with the drug-law enforcement agency.
The source said that there are still many links which need to be probed and the agency is also studying the extensive electronic data that it fetched from the mobile phones of several people in connection with the case.
The NCB had in August last year registered two cases related to drugs in connection with the death of Rajput. The NCB had arrested Rajput's girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty and his brother Showik Chakraborty in connection with the case besides several other persons in September last year. They are currently out on bail.
On February 2 this year, the NCB summoned Rishikesh Pawar